Strategies for success
Gearing up mentally
- Before your event, plan positive daydreams or things you want to think about to help divert your attention.
- Divide the race into segments, such as mile markers or water stops, and consider it a success when you complete each one.
- A week before the race, think of several reassuring thoughts or positive cue words to use during your event. These may be:
- I can do this; this is my opportunity.
- Full effort is full victory.
- I’m meant to be here.
- I’m tough and strong.
- Run strong.
- Run tall.
- Race discomfort is temporary.
Returning to racing after an injury
Source: Read Full Article