Six months after the first reports of the new Coronavirus in the Chinese city of Wuhan and in the world today, more than 10 million infections – is not the end of the pandemic according to the world health organization (WHO) for a long time.
“We all want that this is over, we all want to get on with our lives. But the harsh reality is: It’s not over yet, not even close,” said WHO chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus at a press conference on Monday evening.
With a view on the extent of the pandemic, with more than 500,000 deaths, he said: “This could have been prevented with the means available to us.”
Tedros called on the countries to test, to impose social contacts to trace and quarantine rules.
Together against the Coronavirus
Responsible for the extent of the Corona pandemic, failures in the implementation of reason, according to Tedros evaluation fundamental counter-measures, as well as a lack of unity within and between countries.
“The worst is yet to come”, if this political Problem is not addressed, said the WHO chief. “Therefore, we must combine our forces and this dangerous Virus-together we can fight.”
The WHO will send next week a Team to China to investigate the origin of the Virus further, said Tedros.
At the beginning of December, possibly earlier, occurred in the metropolis of Wuhan, the first cases of a previously unknown lung disease. 31. December, they were reported officially to the WHO.
Deutsche Presse-Agentur (dpa)
*The post “”The worst is yet to come”: Corona pandemic is not according to the WHO, far from over,” published by FitForFun. Contact with the executives here.